Each proposal will be reviewed by the members of the workshop programme committee, and ranked based on the overall quality of the proposal and the workshop’s fit to the conference as detailed below.
The criteria for judging the quality of workshop proposals are as follows:
- Workshops cover topics falling in the general scope of the ICEDU 2020 conference.
- Clear demonstration that the workshop will be able to attract participants and build the interest.
- Workshops should have a clear focus on a specific techniques, problem or application.
- Workshops must be genuine interactive and workshops with creative structures and organizations that attract various types of contributions and ensure rich interactions are welcomed.
- Workshop duration is normally expected to be 3 hours.
- Workshops need to clearly describe how they are planning to attract a sufficient number of participants.
- Workshops that have less than 10 people registered at the early registration deadline might be canceled.
- Workshop attendees must register for the workshop as well as for the main conference days.
- Workshop proposals submission deadline: 03rd December 2019
- Notification of acceptance: Within two weeks
- Workshop registration deadline:14th January 2019
Workshop days will be informed with the final conference program.
Workshop proposals have to be submitted via “firstname.lastname@example.org”
Each proposal must consist of a single PDF document written in English, not longer than four pages, which contains the following information:
- The title and description of the workshop in 200 words maximum.
- A description of why the topic is of particular interest at this time the target audience and expected number of participants
- A brief description (draft outline) of the proposed workshop format and activities such as paper presentations, invited talks, panels, breakout sessions, or general discussion slots, and an approximate timeline.
- Names and contact information of the workshop organizers/moderator(s) (name, affiliation, email address, and short (one paragraph) biography of each chair/moderator, explaining the chair’s expertise for the workshop including past experience in organizing / facilitating workshops).